Gábor Egri MD
„There is no ’small procedure’ or ’small operation’. All patients consider their problem significant and expect professional, careful and painles solutions."
Surgical/Proctological/Vascular surgical procedures in our Center:
- Laser- and traditional surgical removals (skin conditions, moles, cysts, lumps and bumps), plastic surgical solutions
- Laser treatment of ingrown toenails
- Treatment of anal disorders (tears, fistulas, inflammation, wharts), treatment of haemorrhoids using laser and rubber band ligation, etc.
- Screening for anal and rectal cancer
- Sclerotherapy of varices
Education and Qualifications
- Medical graduation: Szent-Györgyi Medical University, Szeged, Hungary (1987, MD)
- General surgical qualification: Semmelweis Medical University, Budapest, Hungary (1991, Surgeon specialist)
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) English language qualification (1994)
- Thoracic surgical qualification: Semmelweis Medical University, Budapest, Hungary (1996, Thoracic surgeon specialist)
- EBTCS membership exam: Nancy, France (1999, Fellow of the European Board of Thocacic and Cardiovascular Surgeons)
- General Practitioner qualification: Szent-Györgyi Medical University, Szeged, Hungary (2015, GP)
- Downtown Medical Center, Budapest (2015-)
- Boulevard Medical Center, Budapest (2014-2015)
- Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Foundation Trust, United Kingdom (2010-2014)
- Bajcsy-Zsilinszky Hospital, Budapest (1992-2010)
- Surgical Department of Semmelweis Medical University, Budapest (1987-1992)
I’ve been performing major surgical operations, reaching consultant position in 2008, in Hungary and the UK for 27 years. My main fields of interest were colorectal-, thoracic-, vascular- and plastic surgery.
I've moved to the private sector in 2014, to perform ambulantory surgery, mainly plastic- and laser surgery of the skin, removal of cysts, lumps and bumps, sclerotherapy of varicose veins and spider veins, treatment of haemorrhoids and various other anal conditions, etc.
Besides being a Surgeon I’am also working as a General Practitioner in the City of Budapest.
Membership of Professinal Bodies, management and leadership experience
- Fellow of the European Board of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgeons (1999-)
- Quality assurance manager of Bajcsy Hospital, Budapest (1998-2000)
- Regional Clinical Audit Lead in Thoracic Surgery, Hungary (2006-2011)
Attendence of Congresses and Visiting Fellowships
- Amsterdam, Cluj, Freiburg, Glasgow, Istanbul, Koppenhagen, Leipzig, Leuwen, London, Marseilles,Mexico,Nancy, Newcastle, Oxford;Stockholm, Tokio, Toronto, Varna, Wien
European Journal of Surgical Oncology, Interactive Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery, Open Journal of Thoracic Surgery, GP Online, Medical Science Monitor, Acta Chirurgica Hungarica, Medicina Thoracalis, Magyar Onkológia, Orvosi Hetilap, Magyar Sebészet, IME Az egészségügyi vezetők szaklapja, etc.
Hungarian, English, German